Friday, July 16, 2010

Beginning of the New Obsession

I kept talking about my new found interest in lomography but never seem to have actually posted something on it.

You can read about lomography *here*.

How did I find this new obsession? I heard about the term lomography years ago during my college days. Back then, I didn’t have much resource to further explore what it is all about. So I left it there and continued with whatever I had to do. WORK!

After four years, I started seeing pictures in friends’ facebook, of them holding some weird camera that somewhat looked like toy. Shy to say that I didn’t know how a lomo camera look like back then. What else after? Research on it la! Four years delayed and still wanna wait? No way!

Found the first online shop that sells lomo cameras, accessories and films. The Click Shop.

Not bad service according to review. I was so tempted to order and get my hands on one of them. Then I found out they have a few products in The Rooms (they let you rent a small space to sell your stuff), and I went to check it out. That was when I got my first lomo camera. A Golden Half Chelsea Maika Edition. Totally looked like a toy camera.

Sweet huh?

Did I mention you have to manually turn the film spool when loading it and after each time you snap a picture? Yes, you have to MANUALLY turn the spool. Not battery operated mah. Interesting leh..*hehe*

So that was how I got my first lomo camera. During end of April 2010. Thus, my obsession begins!

No comments: